Take Me Back Tuesday: Christmas Centers Style! - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Take Me Back Tuesday: Christmas Centers Style!

So I had great intentions of a writing a really meaty post about how Writer's Workshop is going in my room....
 
And then I had a literacy meeting until almost 5 and someone has got to cook some dinner in this joint.
 
So thank goodness for Hope's FANTASTIC idea of a "Take Me Back Tuesday!"
 
 
---------------------------<This is my original post from November 20th, 2012>--------------------------
 
I am a one-holiday-at-a-time girl.

That is why my Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff got posted right before the actual holidays.

My kids celebrated Thanksgiving at school and I was invited :)

Yes- we lost a bow somewhere :) Good thing we have hundreds!

 Although I have tons of respect for Thanksgiving and am NOT overlooking it, I did want to give myself ample time to prepare centers and packet for Christmas without spending my whole break working.

So I had to get myself in the right mind frame.

We baked cookies.


 We made hand print art.  Don't tell my in-laws--these are part of their Christmas gifts!


And it worked! It got me in the mood to knock these out! I may or may not have listened to Mariah on repeat all day :)

Here are 10 Literacy Centers:

And 10 Math Centers:

I worked really hard to align all the centers to the Common Core Standards. This is my second school year working with them! You can check out the sets individually in my store OR you can get ALL 160 pages for a discounted prize!


 
 
--------------------------------------<Add-ons from November  19th, 2013>----------------------------------
 
So today while my kids were Brain Boosters, I drug out ALL my Christmas centers and marched them across the hall to the 1st grade teachers that I adore so much.  I just can't stand to see them not being used this year, BUT I had to take some pictures before I departed ways with my babies!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-I-want-for-Christmas-10-Common-Core-Literacy-Centers-AND-10-Math-Centers-425540

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-I-want-for-Christmas-10-Common-Core-Literacy-Centers-AND-10-Math-Centers-425540

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-I-want-for-Christmas-10-Common-Core-Literacy-Centers-AND-10-Math-Centers-425540

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-I-want-for-Christmas-10-Common-Core-Literacy-Centers-AND-10-Math-Centers-425540

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-I-want-for-Christmas-10-Common-Core-Literacy-Centers-AND-10-Math-Centers-425540
 
As happy as I was to have these to the first grade teachers, I am experiencing a slight panic attack right now!! I have to get on the ball for my 2nd grade stuff!


your photo name

4 comments

  1. I want to teach 1st grade across the hall from you!!! What a nice surprise to get all these great centers! I'm sure that teacher is very grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your 2nd grade stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this post from last year because Miss.Emmie completely won me over with her cuteness in it!!! Your centers are some of the best on the block my friend, I know you will whip up something perfect! :)

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into Firs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were my favorite centers! Miss having you with us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top