Meet the Teacher Monday...or Tuesday - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Meet the Teacher Monday...or Tuesday

A little late to the party...

Something about me...

I am originally from Charleston, SC (aka the best place on Earth!) but I moved to Kentucky to be a student at small, liberal arts college--Centre. I had fully intended on moving back to the beach--- when a month before graduation, I met my husband Jon. Much to my parents' disappointment I started applying for jobs in KY and have not left. My kids are my life...

Meet Nash...

...my 3-year-old. Nash just started at Montessori a couple of weeks ago, and I can already tell he will have his momma's love for school. He is all-boy and already has plans to play every sport offered in our small town.

Meet Emmie...

I think I got tricked by Nash... everything was just so easy! Well, with Emmie it is not... this little girl is FULL of spunk and sass and tomboyishness (yes, I know that is not a real word). Luckily, one thing we agree on is the fact that a bow is an absolute must in order for her to leave the house :).

How long have you been teaching?

This is my 6th year teaching and shhhh, don't tell--- but honestly the first year that feel completely confident in what I am doing. I have taught First Grade for all of those six years, and I don't foresee a time that I will want to leave this little piece of Heaven.

You might not know...

I love coffee. I played college soccer. I live for Kentucky Basketball. I really enjoy cutting out laminating. I am so inspired by teacher bloggers (okay you may know that)

What are you most looking forward to this year?


I want my kids to walk away from my classroom LOVING reading and learning in general. I couldn't believe it when I "met" all these bloggers who could incorporate everything that my kids needed with what I had to do as a teacher. I LOVE my job!

What do you need to improve this year?

Last year I really beefed up my literacy centers. This year we are installing Math Work Stations. I am so excited about it. We used to use a program that I was not very fond of, but now I feel like I have the freedom to do what I know my kids need (more on math soon!)

What teaching supplies can you not live without?

1. Cardstock
2. Brightly colored paper (really cutting down on my colored ink bill!)
3. Hot Glue
4. Mr. Sketch markers
5. My Smartboard/Elmo/Amplification System (technology is fantastic!)
6. My school's Laminator

Thanks for taking the time to learn about me! I will be back tomorrow with more-- I finally feel like I have my feet under me!
Katie

your photo name

2 comments

  1. OMigoodness Katie your kids are ADORABLE!!! My baby is already 7 {& he is very spunky!} Hope you have a super year!!!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a web site from where I be capable of really obtain valuable information regarding my study and knowledge. Great Article… Good Job 일본야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    한국야동
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top