Sunday Safari 6/24/12 - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Sunday Safari 6/24/12

Hi friends! Welcome to our weekly Sunday Safari!

I have spent the last 2 full hours completely immersed in Ashley's website.
What a cute/creative name for her blog. I also LOVE the design!

Here is a picture of Ashley and her husband...
I stumbled across this picture because I was trying to figure out where Ashley teaches. It was VERY obvious that it is not here in the US of A. Wait for it- she is in Switzerland! This next little tidbit- I stole straight from her blog-

My husband and I will be here for about three years (began March 2011).  Prior to the move, I taught for two years then worked as my district's assessment coordinator....
I am an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher over here and a student myself... learning French (OMG I don't want to talk about it).

Ashley is extremely organized and her website reflects that trait. And if she isn't truly organized she did a great job of fooling me :)

Her site is a gold mine. She has static pages where she organizes freebies/units that she has found or created.
Here is a screenshot of one of those pages...


And another one- just because I am SO impressed...


It is like an even better version of Pinterest!

Don't tell on me because I know I should have known how to do this already, but I
used her video tutorial to make a preview for my Classroom Decor Set:

After a little more stalking browsing through her posts, I found this adorable penguin activity:

AND even better- she included directions that her students could use independently:


I am so glad Ashley agreed to let me feature her, because I can't get enough of her website! Thanks Ashley!
Don't forget to check her out @ The School Supply Addict!

My more seasoned part of the Blogland adventure is going to come in a little different form this week.  

I am actually on my way to Charleston, SC today to drop my kids off with my parents so that my hubby and I can go to MEXICO. Yes- that is pure excitement in my voice. My husband and I were never able to have a honeymoon so after 5 years of marriage and 2 kids- we think we have earned it!

SO..anywho I asked 5 bloggers to help keep you all busy this week (get it 5 guest posts for 5 years of marriage- cheesy I know). 

What a treat!
 Please come back tomorrow for all the fun!



your photo name

11 comments

  1. Thank you so much, Katie!! Super stuff that I can't wait to use in my classroom! You made my Sunday morning!

    http://theplemons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ashley's site looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm headed over there now.
    Have a blast in Mexico!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Mexico :) Thanks for sharing Ashley's site. I can't wait to explore. I love me some organization :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this site is great. Have fun girl. You deserve it!!!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it Katie!!! So glad you like it. I feel honored to be on the Sunday Safari! :) I really enjoy doing it and love stalking so many great teachers. Thanks and have a wonderful time in Mexico! I'm so jealous.

    Ashley
    TheSchoolSupplyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the great blog site! Do your parents live in Charleston? I live right outside of Charleston! Have fun in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this! I love this idea! I found your blog via Kelley @ Teacher Idea Factory! Thanks for all you do :]

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Mexico is/was fabulous! Thank you so much for introducing us to Ashley, The School Supply Addict. What a great blog.

    Yours is an amazing blog as well. AND super cute!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top