Saturday Update - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Saturday Update

My city was rocked to its very core this week. I really don't have the words to express how hurt, heartbroken, angry we have all felt. I do know I have never seen such beauty come from such an ugly situation. 

Our community is trying so hard to rebuild, but I know it will overcome!

 This artwork was created by a 7 year old Charleston girl.  I have always been a strong believer in art.  Emmie has talked a lot about what happened.  Even if I had tried to protect her from it I couldn't have (radio, television, sporting events, tidbits of conversation).  I may encourage her to draw about her feelings just like this little girl!
_________________________________________________________________________________


The above is a weekly notepad planner from Little Lovely Leader's Bridget!  I just love the prettiness and simplicity of Bridget's designs!  I actually am using the planner to get my family and all their activities organized for the week!

Speaking of my family and all their activities....

Emmie at cheer camp!

She has been performing everything she has learned for us all week!  What a hoot!


We have also dived in head first to Swim Team.  I grew up swimming, but I seem to have forgotten how long the meets are! Ha!  Nash and Emmie love it so until next month...my evening are being spent as a Swim Mom!


There is Nash ready to swim freestyle!

We can't forget about this 1 month old sweetie!





your photo name

3 comments

  1. Praying for you and Charleston! What a horrible situation but the grace displayed by the victims' families was a lesson to everyone in forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. It was all senseless. I am loving the pictures I see of the community coming together instead of resorting to looting.

    Jenn
    Teacher's Open House

    P.S. Give that baby a hug for me! Your kids are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very hard when your town is hit with such a tragedy, having my hometown of Newtown go through a tragedy a couple of years ago I can relate. If you need anything, feel free to contact me. My prayers are with you and your town.
    Sara
    Frampton's FUNdamentals

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top