Exciting News - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Exciting News

I'll let the pictures do the talking.....











Yes, you've got it! There will be a sweet addition to our family this May!

It's hard to put into words just how we feel about this soon-to-be member of our family.  

Blessed. Thankful. Excited. Amazed.  That doesn't even seem to cover it.

I always felt like our family wasn't finished--- like there was more to come.  I have impatiently  waited for the right time.  There were two toddlers and a husband gone for weeks at a time for work  Then there was a move across states.  And last was but not least there was living with my parents.  

I am not as naive as I used to be.  I was a young mom with Nash and Emmie (23 and 24) and didn't have many friends with young children.  Back then I didn't know how many women yearn to be mothers but struggle to conceive.  I thought it just happened. I know now just how expensive and exhausting having children is.  All this in mind, we still felt there was more in store for us.  Nash and Emmie are the light of our lives.  

God has chosen us to be parents for the third time.  

Emmie has the new calling of being a big sister.  And now Nash will take on the challenge of helping corral not one, but two little ducklings. Having children that "get" that a baby is coming is the most exciting experience in the world.  I now have to willing participants that want to talk "baby" 24/7.  They want all the details (within reason--- don't worry classmates' parents).  They pray for their new sibling every night.  They have big plans for diaper duty and burping responsibilities.  
They.cannot.wait.

We thank you in advance for your prayers and well wishes!  

Lots of LOVE!
The Kings

your photo name

35 comments

  1. Congratulations on this exciting news! :-)

    Erica
    Growing Little Minds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this exciting news!! I love the way you announced it..super cute :)
    Hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for your family!!! Congrats, Katie (and Nash and Emmie and Hubby!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Congratulations to all of you! What a fun way to share the news with Nash and Emmie (LOVE their expressions)! So exciting! I hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news! Congrats King family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and your sweet family!!

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!!! Congrats! I am so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Your kiddos' reactions were priceless! :o)
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! Your family is so cute!! My first baby is due July 8, 2015! :) :)
    Mrs. Black's Bees

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh yay!!!!!!! Can not wait for another adorable King baby!!! Congrats guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!! That is such exciting news! Can't wait to see how adorable you are going to look! :) My sweet Little Man is due to arrive in 18 short days. Best of wishes to you and yours! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! That is very exciting! Prayers for an easy pregnancy!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!!!!!! That is so exciting! Life with 3 is awesome, so far! :P My older boys (8 & 4) "get" it too and are SO helpful-most days. Seeing their love for their little brother melts my heart and reassures me that we made the right decision with "finishing" our family. {I felt like you--that my family just wasn't finished--for some reason I like to feel outnumbered! hahahaha! Must be because I'm always outnumbered with kids at school... why not at home?!) :P

    Best wishes for a easy pregnancy----and hey-stop by my blog to enter to win a fabulous Chicco jogging stroller!!!!!!!!!! (that was perfect timing! lol) I just blogged about it today. It would be perfect for you! My older 2 ride bikes and I run with the 2 month old in the stroller.

    Angie
    Rulin' The Roost

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw this is amazing news and I LOVE the photos you did! So adorable! When I saw the first picture my immediate thought was "baby!" So exciting to see I was right! Congratulations!!

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Such exciting happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah! May Is MY bday! Tell "her" the 13th of MAY would be ...GREAT! HAHA Happy MOMMY...happy family! Congrats! Wendy 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see all of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Love the photos. What a wonderful way to tell your other two children they will soon be a big brother and big sister.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most exciting news! Thanks for letting us share in it - in such a sweet way! Over the moon with excitement for your growing family :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun way to share the happy news with your children! Congratulations on your expanding family!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yaaaaaay for Baby King #3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What?!?! I just saw this! Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats!!! I love the announcement (and I'm shortly behind you myself). Prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy for you and the baby!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you! We loved the pictures. The excitement on your children's faces says it all!!
    Kelly and Kim’s Kindergarten Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a sweet post! I am so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! That is so exciting. Your pictures are super cute. So happy for you and your sweet family.

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! This is such an exciting time!!!
    Best of luck!
    Gina
    Miss Peluso's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats!!!! What a neat way to tell your children!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congartulations, Katie! What a precious way to tell your children the wonderful news!
      Linda

      Delete
  29. Congrats! Exciting news! Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww congrats!! You have been triply blessed :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats!!!! I love how you told them! And what a moment to capture!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm catching up on my blog reading and just beamed when I saw the progression of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top