Techy Teacher Tuesday - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Techy Teacher Tuesday

If you are participating in this linky party, feel free to use this image in your post!

Hi friends!  As you know, I have the extreme fortune of having a class set of ipads to use EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

Here we are on the very first day of school using our ipads to photgraph important parts of our school building.

I love using the ipads for instruction, engagement, and extension of learning!

Today I wanted to tell you all about a FREE app called ShowMe.

This app has ENDLESS amounts of potential.  You can record your voice and insert pictures into little presentations.

My first thought was that I would use it for directions or a reteach during centers when I am unavailable.

For example, a little out of our league, but here is an example of a video in which I demonstrated multiplication using ShowMe.




Just this past week we started using the ShowMe for a much cooler goal and that is to demonstrate learning! My students have been creating presentations on words that start with the ch digraph, proper and common nouns, and their weekly vocabulary words.

Because silly me forgot to bring home any students ipads (and it is sleeting so I am NOT going back over to school) to show off one of their presentations, here is an example of the types of presentations they have been creating.

Excuse my little girl voice and my son trying to interrupt us :)

Here are a couple of my kids in action taking pictures of nouns.... got to love a good selfie :)

They then used this pictures in their presentations.

Our FAVORITE thing right now, is to search the web through the app to get images that we need for our presentations.

See all the great images that popped up for school!

 I cannot say enough about this free app.  I think there is such power in giving your students the tools to express themselves creatively in all aspects of life.  I am amazed everyday by what they can teach me about these pieces of technology! I hope you learned something and will be coming back for more next week!  If you have anything to share PLEASE link up below.

Guidelines for entering Linky Party:
1.  Link directly to your blog post, not just your blog.
2. You CAN use an older post, it just needs to be about something techy (whether for blogging or classroom advice).
3.  Have fun!

I can't wait to read your posts!

your photo name

22 comments

  1. WOW! I am so impressed with the fact that you have those iPads to use with your students! ahhhh...a teacher can dream-I'll keep this idea in my "someday"file! Thank you for sharing:)
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair
    Find me on Facebook!
    Happy Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - It is soooo wonderful to see your ipad ideas! We have six iPads per classroom...just got them this year and we've just made a teeny-weeny dent into their potential. Thanks so much for sharing and showing pix and vids of your fabulousness!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! :) I teach in a super rural school. We have four computers in our classroom and that's about it. :) I love the idea that the kids have access to programs to express themselves as you mentioned. We will be starting some research projects for black history month...what I wouldn't give to have those IPADS for that! :) Thanks for sharing! :) Looking forward to seeing what other fun your kids can drum up this year!!! :)

    Tamara
    Mrs. Russell's Room-First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one iPad for my classroom and I have the "show me" app on it but I had no idea it could do all of this! Thanks for sharing! I linked up my techy post from last week!

    Marcy
    www.saddleupfor2ndgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to work on using the three new iPad I just got for my classroom. I've used ShowMe before, but after reading this, I've come up with better ideas! Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so envious, but so happy for your cute kids!!! What an incredible learning tool! I just got one myself to use in class and at home, but I haven't heard about that app yet. Thanks for all of the info. and for hosting such an awesome linky Katie :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Katie! I have 2 iPads in my room and we just started working on nouns. Think I may work this project into my iPad center! Thanks!

    Emma
    msemmasedventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are the apps you are using in the first set of 2 pictures with boys? One is a cat sentence and the other looks like he is using a book with the app... Thanks!! Would like to add these to my classroom iPad. :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wrote this on my post but I am SO jealous you have an iPad for each student! We have two for each classroom and I can see the endless possibilities with having a class set! That's awesome :)
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I wish I had iPads for all of my kids! There are soo many cool things you can do! I have one for my classroom (which I just got last week, yay!), and my personal one that I will bring in sometimes if there are certain activities I plan to do.

    Thanks soo much for hosting this great linky! =)

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that you have a class set of iPads! I will definitely be checking out that app. Thanks for letting us link up! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous post and makes me eager to try new things with our classroom iPad. I only have one iPad for 26 students.... Would love to know how teachers in my predicament are handling and utilizing the one for such large class size?
    Thanks so much for a great resource!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that they look so natural in their hands- your sweeties need to hold a tech class for some faculties:)

    Squirrels

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! How awesome for your kiddos to each have an iPad. I love the cool stuff you're doing with them. I'm going to link up an older post. I'm excited to check out all the awesome tech tips!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katie
    We were given iPads from our PTA for the teachers and then we have a floating iPad lab to use. It's great to have them in their little hands isn't it?
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so awesome that you have a class set. I can't even imagine all the potential for use there. I think you are doing such good things with them for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome that you have iPads for the whole class. There are so many great activities and learning opportunities on there. I'm a new follower - how did you get a class set? Was this something PTA purchased?

    Jordan
    Team V's First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad I found your blog! I am getting a class set of iPads in a few weeks and will be piloting them for my school. I am super excited but in the process of figuring out what I want on them and how to use them. I am looking forward to reading your tips!
    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  19. It amazes me how well they can navigate on them-I'm still trying to figure it out myself! :) Great ideas. We only have one-but will definitely be trying out some of those-thanks for sharing!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for hosting this linky party...it's my first one! There are a ton of great ideas on here and I'm excited to try some of them out!
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I couldn't comment on your newest post so I will comment on this one! I love the girl Ashley made for you! She made mine too and I LOVE it!!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete

  22. خدمات نقل الاثاث متعددة لدينا حيث يوجد لدينا خبرة في كيفية التعامل مع العملاء في تنفيذ اعمال فلدينا مدينة مكة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بمكة التي تتميز بالدقة في تنفيذ اعمال وتوصيل الاثاث من الباب لاننا نمتلك عمال متميزون في شركة نقل عفش بمكة فعليكم التواصل معنا من اجل الاستفادة من الخدمات التي نقدمها كل هذا ايضا تلاقه في مدينة الدمام من خلال التواصل مع شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام التي تمتلك فنين متميزين في اعمال الفك والتركيب كما لديها اسطول سيارات مجهز يساعدها علي الوصول الي منزلك الجديد فكل شئ يكون جاهز مع شركة نقل عفش بالدمام التي اثبتت انها نقل شركة لديها خبرة كبيرة في مجال نقل الاثاث
    كما يوجد لدينا خبرة في خدمات نقل الاثاث بجدة من خلال

    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة

    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top