Yes, Pure exhaustion.
We have been in school 9 whole days, and it feels like at least a month!
Things I can tell you about my students:
1. They are absolute dolls.
2. They are asleep for the first 30 instructional minutes of the day. Hopefully their little bodies will adjust soon!
3. Their entry reading levels vary across 4 different grade levels.
4. They are an extremely compassionate group of children.
5. They L.O.V.E. the ipads. Every last one of them. (check out my next post for examples!)
6. They like to say "Mrs. King" no less than 3,000 times a day.
7. They are a very energetic and enthusiastic group of learners.
I love my class.
To make up for the complete lack of posts this week- due to my 8:00 p.m. bedtime, here is a big 'ole mess of pictures of what we have been doing!
We have practiced what good readers do.
Just to make sure we all understood, we practiced what good readers DON'T do as well!
We began the groundwork for Literacy Centers and eventually Daily 5.
Susan's fab unit! Cara's Blast off!
As usual my bloggy buddies come to the rescue with great resources!
By the end of the week we were doing two Math Work Stations in addition to our whole group math lesson. My absolute favorite time of the day!
My favorite game to play on the SmartBoard
Since I knocked out their DRAs in record-breaking speed, I was able to start guided reading groups!
Ipads are so much help with follow up word work!
We always go on a Safari the first day of school to point out all the key places in the school and meet important people. Since our first grade theme is Jungle, we look for our names on jungle animals. The kindergarten students go on a hunt for gingerbread men!
Well I figured- why not jump into this 1-to-1 business head first?? We took our ipads with us and documented our school through pictures.
Next stop on the ipad journey- learning how to put these pictures into a presentation!
Hope you enjoyed seeing my first full week in pictures!