Treats for Our Sweets - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Treats for Our Sweets

Well hello trick-or-treaters!

Ready to meet Mr. SHark and Miss FiSH?

..no typo -- that is my way of emphasizing the -SH sound!
:)

I apologize if you feel like I am yelling at you, that is just my loud, commanding, grab your attention teacher voice.

Let's just say I have a few kiddos this year who need what I call "brain fertilizer."

Do you know what I mean?  I open my mouth and their eyes roll back in their heads. No, I mean it. Literally, I open my mouth and they zone out.

Shoalaces, lint on the carpet, and spots on the wall are WAY more entertaining or engaging than those oh-so-important words coming out of Mrs. King's mouth. 

Sooo needless to say "dancing on my head" takes on a whole new meaning this year. No wonder they don't remember the digraphs from kindergarten. No blame on K teachers, these few special friends need some extra fertilizer to get those ideas to take seed and sprout.

Enough analogies for you yet?

Just making sure you got your extra dose of brain fertilizer. :)

Here is an example of one of the handouts I created:

BUT remember my kids?  I still needed a little extra....soooo

 Mr. SHark and Miss FiSH.

Would you believe it if I told you these are my own cuties' costumes for Halloween tonight? And we just so happened to be studying SH this week. I know- Someone is looking out for me :) During independent reading I secretly stole these 2 cuties from their desks and dressed them up in costume. We reappeared mere minutes later with bags that read "starts with SH sound" and "ends with SH sound."


 I had a stack of picture cards and each child picked a card and placed it in the appropriate bag.  We had a blast!

 If  you would like to download these freebies, click on the bag below to head to my tpt store!

To continue along with your trick-or-treating  (which of course you will do) you will need to head to WONDERFUL Donna's blog by clicking on the image below.

Grab My Button

Happy Halloween!

your photo name

8 comments

  1. What a fun and engaging way to grab your students' attention! Love the costumes!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, wish I had the costumes, but the freebie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! This is perfect for my upcoming unit. And I soooo understand about needing that extra something for a few special friends. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things always have a way of working out!! :) Love it! ;)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is fantastic! It makes me smile the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mizoram Board of School Education (MBSE) is Going to Conduct the Formative (FA) and Summative Assessment (SA) in 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th clas, Mizoram Board 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th class Question Paper 2023 Mizoram 8th Class Question Paper 2024 has been Uploaded here for Candidates who are in 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th class of Mizoram Board Preparing well for SA, FA Examination 2024, Mizoram Board 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th Examination Conducted by MBSE, this Mizoram Education Board looking for Previous years Question papers as well. we have uploaded some genuine Mizoram 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th class Model Paper 2024 provide them the Complete idea to Prepare well before Examination and with the help of Previous years Paper.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top