Fall Fun and Freebies! - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Fall Fun and Freebies!

With the start of October we jumped straight into several fall activities. 

We studied apples last week,  so this week we compared apples to pumpkins. Our FFA friends at the high school were so kind and set these pumpkins out for us so we could walk over from our school and "pick" pumpkins.  

After lunch we had a round of math centers all about pumpkins!

1. We put pumpkins in order by how much they weighed.

2. We used yarn to figure out the circumference of the pumpkin (then we used cubes to see how long our yarn was).

3. We wrote addition stories about pumpkins.

4. And our favorite- we used the pumpkins to see how long we were!

When the students came to me for some small group instruction, we used those VERY yummy pumpkin candies on ten frames. 
Our math program (Math in Focus) moved us very quickly to subtraction, so I felt it necessary to find an engaging way to work with students. I also chose to use small group because our math is the very last thing in the day and we tend to fall asleep during any whole group :). In fact since I have an AMAZING special ed teacher (yeah- that's you Claire) co-teaching with me during that hour, I think we are going to move toward rotating through four centers each day. I still strongly believe in Math Work Stations (more partner independent work), but this move is what is best for this group.

Click on the picture to get our Pumpkin Math Book!


I was so happy with how they did on pumpkin ten frame subtraction!

Yesterday we kept ourselves in fall mode by hopping on over to the Apple Orchard for our beloved field trip!

We learned many, many things about apples and pumpkins....

....and we got to share our knowledge as well!

I didn't actually get any pictures of us picking apples- oops, but I did get many pictures of our adventures in the haystack playground!



Minus a few bee stings- it was a perfect day!


Think we worked/played hard?

Because I heart all things fall (like my upcoming fall break in under 24 hours- yippeeeeee), I am going to give you another freebie!  I will let you have part of my "Sum Fall Fun" packet.  


If you like what you see, go check out the rest (click on the pictures)!


I just can't leave without saying it- Happy Fall Y'all!





your photo name

28 comments

  1. Aww what a fun field trip!! The kids looked like they had a blast! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa they did! And they were so good today- the day after. I think they appreciated the break!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out ;-) I'm LOVING my time in your room!
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally keeping me sane and I can't wait to see our kids' growth!

      Delete
  3. I love when they fall asleep on the bus...makes for such cute pics!!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my kids would fall asleep on the bus!! They are wild and crazy on the bus!

    Great pictures and I love the pumpkin candy math practice!

    :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you friend! Cheese-it center printed and ready to go for after Fall Break!

      Delete
  5. You forgot to link up your math packet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That looks like sooo much fun!! :)
    I love your pack!
    Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun you are having!
    love the bales of hay.
    I am your newest follower.
    check out my blog when you get the chance.
    http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com/2012/10/stuff-fall-writing-skype-and-1k-giveaway.html
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness....you are such an adorable teacher! I LOVE those photo and it looks like the kids had a blast!!
    The Moffatt Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun!! I can't wait to be a teacher during the fall...it's my favorite time of the year!!!

    -Sharon

    The Tennessee Teacher

    I'm an education student and would love some encouraging followers to come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so jealous of your fall....bUT, i still get to go to the beach right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and it is so cute! I love your stuff and can't wait to incorporate it in my classroom! I *LOVE* the font your used for your titles, what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing this post, I appreciate your work.It was a great informative post.Go so many useful and informative links.Loved your writings also. Concept of the topic was well discussed. Love to come here again.

    Happy Republic Day Wishes for Boss in English

    Happy Republic Day Messages for Boss in English

    Happy Republic Day Quotes for Boss in Hindi

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://bardeportes.blogspot.com/2006/01/dragutinovic-y-el-moranco.html?showComment=1640332081906#c310556069803725399

    ReplyDelete
  14. cowin.gov.in is cowin portal for book vaccine where you can register and, log into the Cowin account using the link cowin.gov.in and also download Cowin vaccine certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will will tell you about December global holidays . December is, without a doubt, the most joyful month of the year. This month is filled with various.

    ReplyDelete
  16. latest and trending bhojpuri sexy video khesri lal yadav, pawan sing comedy video bardast nahi hua to began se chala liya...Website: https://hotynews.online/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every year new types of mehndi design get popularity and trend in the market. we have many new designs for girls to color with...More Info Visit our Website: https://simplemehandidesign.in

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top