Five for Friday - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Five for Friday

I missed Wordless Wednesday and Thoughtful Thursday :)... So thank goodness Kasey has this Five for Friday!!! Good- glad you approve. I love a good alliteration.


Valentine's Day is in the air!  Nash and I have been practicing writing his name AND I have been prepping my Vday Centers :) 

My class worked really hard on graphing this week.  We also concluded a Mem Fox author study!  Koala Lou is definitely one of my favorite books, but my kids would tell you- I have hundreds of favorite books!

Sorry for the blurriness- but too good not to share!  My adorable first graders made the FRONT page of the newspaper for all their fabulous work with the ipads!  I am so proud of them!

Today we celebrated a month of fantastic reading with our sleeping bags, favorite books, and comfy clothes!  
Love my sweet girls!

Today I downloaded McGraw Hill's Beat the Computer for (FREE) two oober smart boys!  They LOVED the challenge


Tomorrow I am surprising my husband with a mini-get-away for his 30th birthday!  I can't wait!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

your photo name

11 comments

  1. At my school, they recently purchased Ipads for the K-2 teachers for state assessments, I think I am going to start using them for my interventions because there are so many wonderful apps out there and I know my firsties can handle not breaking it! haha. Where are you going on your get-away? Sounds fun!

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting in the paper! That is awesome!:)

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-Hoo! That is such an awesome honor! Congrats on the front page of the newspaper:) They look like such happy little learners!
    The Moffatt Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's so exciting how your students made it into the paper!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have iPad in the classroom!! Does your entire school have them or did you get them funded in your class?

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for the front page!! Yay, you are awesome!!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are working on graphs next week!! And I still think you are famous foe being in the newspaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Front page is awesome! You rock! Hope your mini-getaway is fabulous!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a fun get-away!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome your first graders made the cover of the newspaper!!! I am going to have to get Beat the Computer :)

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top