Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets


Image Map

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Place Value Scoot

I am all out of excuses. But since my husband is working late and my kids are watching their new dinosaur movie, I decided to sneak in a blog post -or avoid laundry- take your pick. As part of my Review Friday, I thought I would play Place Value Scoot! I saw this idea HERE originally, but adapted it for my first graders. They are doing a beautiful job with place value so I think this will go pretty smoothly.
Here are some sample questions:

Click Here! to download.

If you download this activity you will also find 12 questions that cover place value. I have 24 kids in my room so we will go half way around the room. I am a firm believer in limiting the amount of practice my kids have to do so I can assess knowledge not stamina! If you have never played scoot it is very simple. The kids will answer the question at the desk where they are. They will then stand behind the chair to show me they are ready for the next problem. When everyone is standing I will say SCOOT and all of my kids will move in unison clockwise. It is a beautiful thing. The funny thing is they are tricked into doing great work while staying engaged! LOVE it! Check back soon, you may get two whole posts this month :)

10 comments:

  1. My kids love Scoot! Thank you for sharing this one!


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to use it with my first graders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never played this game...can't wait to start "scootin'"! It looks super fun-Thanks Katie for sharing!!!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!!

    Also, wanted to share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
    You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

    Come by & enter to WIN!
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!
    Lisa
    ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing it. I am your newest follower and would love for you to hop on over to my blog and grab some of my *freebies*!

    ReplyDelete