February Rooted in Reading and Update


Look at my little buddy's cheeks!  Smith is quickly approaching 8 months old, and I am pretty sure he is the best baby ever. I know, I know I am biased!

So if you follow me on instagram or Facebook you know, Amy and I were working away for weeks on Rooted in Reading!  The shot below is the face I made when I finally got to the point that I knew I was going to be finished in a few hours!  I LOVE creating these units, but they are a beast!
Here's a peek in my office as well!  Instead of having a formal sitting room, we decided to make this space my office!  In our last two living spaces, I didn't have an office and my teaching/blogging stuff TOOK.OVER.THE.HOUSE.

Just to give you an idea of how I work (which is completely different than Amy by the way). I am the type that has to jump in the pool and stay in there. Do you know what I mean?  I can't get into a book and work a little bit, walk away, do some stuff, and go back.  If I am going to work, I am going to need like 5 solid hours at least!


So that being said, here is February Rooted in Reading!!! 


I am really excited to add this vocabulary game to our repertoire! I always love doing fun ways to practice our words in my room, so I am happy to have found a way to turn it into a game!


Here's is a sneak at some of the anchor charts included in this unit. I love, love making charts that the kids are involved in as well, but I have very limited wall space in my room so these are small enough they can stay up for reference!

The last couple of units we have really bumped up our expectations for asking students to analyze portions of the texts.  Isn't it amazing how much our kids mature through the year?


And last but definitely not least, aren't these art projects AH-MAZING! My kids get so excited about doing these, and I love the writing results that I get from them! 


If you want to snatch up our unit, just click on one of the pictures! It is on SALE for the rest of the night!!





14 comments

  1. Makes me wish I teach 2nd grade!!
    Your baby is a doll, those cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. photo booth rental toronto has been popular in all its new manner and through some of the best rental services more new options will come up in the market. Apart from that there you can also find the services of balloon delivery Toronto all included within the whole service coming at really affordable price. Make sure you sort out all details before hiring the services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cricket updates 2016. ICC T20 wc 2016 Match details. All matches details of t20 wc 2016. Match details and match scores Wc 2016 live match

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people , I am Anita Frank, currently living in New jersey city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2016 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Wilson Edwards the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advice you to contact Mr. Edwards if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com) No credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. Wilson Edwards today for your loan
    They offer all kind of categories of loan they
    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan(10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan .......
    Student loan..........,Business start up loan
    Business loan....... , Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........(wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com )
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then Wilson Edwards loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Anita Frank direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking so cute your baby. Follow some of the cricket news Live Espn Sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank’s for sharing informative things about us. If you like Men’s hair cut styles and latest hairstyle in 2017.Share with you Men’s hair styles 2017 . Love to see your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. ICC Champions trophy 2017 which would take place in England this year. champion trophy 2017 schedule champion trophy live score and bally ball commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaj Phir is the hot hit from the movie Kissanime Cartoons. It is an instant romantic and seductive soundtrack. Yuwill listen it into the soothing voice of Arijit Singh and Samira Koppikar. The music has composed by Arko Mukherjee. Aziz Qaisi and Arko has written down site the lyrics. The thorough composition has done by Laxmikant-Pyarelal. Aaj Phir sounds as much romantic as the romantic hints in the movie Kissanime Cartoons. It is a nice animated movies to listen and enjoy the pleasing sensation dished out in it.
    Hai Dil Ye Mera has an enchanting peaceful starting notes followed by coolest romantic lyrics. The seductive and soothing voice of Arijit Singh has made this site a must to listen chunk. The music and lyrics of Hai Dil Ye Mera have heped by Mithoon. Hai Dil Ye Mera is a combination of call, requests and wishes for the beloved one. The sensual feeling of site this animated movies makes you feel serenity and calm. It is a nice animated movies to dedicate to your special one.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top