A year's worth of AMAZING Picture Books

I am a self proclaimed picture book SNOB.  I admit it.  Every time a new list of "Top" whatever books comes out, I run to make sure I have read most, if not all the books.  So trust me when I tell you that Amy and I take book selection time VERY seriously.  Whenever I check out through Amazon Prime and order another batch of books, it takes about .2 seconds for my husband to yell from the next room..."Again?!?! Really Katie?  Do you really need MORE books?"

With all that being said, Amy is also very practical (she is not me) and we know that the planners out there would LOVE to know what books we are going to use each month....more than a few weeks in advance. So we spent about a bazillion hours compiling this list of books for the whole year.  My old Kentucky teaching partners will recognize a lot of the books to come as I fell in love with a lot of these books in my 7 years teaching first.  We try and do a nice mix of classic/new, fun/serious, boy/girl, and any other combination you can think of to make this a dynamic list that both you and your students will love.  When we started out, we had planned on trying to do more of a mix of non-fiction, but there is a serious lack of engaging non-fiction read alouds. Minus Gail Gibbons, because, she is amazing of course! So Amy and I decided to go for the best books possible and then add in nonfiction readers when applicable! 


A lot of our Rooted in Reading users have told us that their administrators are purchasing the books for our units for them! Have you asked? It can't hurt to try :)  You can just print out this handy printable below and slip it under your principal's door! Ha!  Click on the graphic and head to my store to snag it!



Now if you are chomping at the bit to go ahead and get the rest of the books for this year, here are the Amazon links for the books!  You may be able to find them other places for a better price...just giving you an easy option!

August:
    
September:
   
October:
   
November:
   
December:
   
January (along with biographies about MLK):
  
February:
   
March:
   
April:
   
May:
   
As the months approach we will continue to share the books and where you can find online read-alouds or better shopping deals.  Many of these books are also available on Scholastic... use those bonus points you have saved up!


We are ALREADY hard at work on March and love, love, love all your sweet comments about Rooted in Reading and its successes in your classroom. We feel the love for sure!!!


your photo name

9 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is zunna, I am from New york, United State, am here to testify of how i got my loan from Mrs Ingrid {ingridkloetloanfirm@gmail.com} after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right in this forum,i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan. I was in need of an urgent loan to start a business and i applied from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan.Until a friend of mine introduce me to Mrs Ingrid kloet the C.E.O of INGRID Loan Company who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met Mrs Ingrid, who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for better. I dont know if you are in need of an urgent loan, free feel to contact Ingrid loan company on email{ ingridkloetloanfirm@gmail.com} for help

      Delete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people , I am Anita Frank, currently living in New jersey city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2016 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Wilson Edwards the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advice you to contact Mr. Edwards if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com) No credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. Wilson Edwards today for your loan
    They offer all kind of categories of loan they
    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan(10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan .......
    Student loan..........,Business start up loan
    Business loan....... , Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........(wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com )
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then Wilson Edwards loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Anita Frank direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete
  3. That schedule of the books reading is great for the students. The order followed in the schedule is good enough and there's involved creativity. personal statement for dental school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ketie.

    You must be addicted to book reading.

    What a great addiction you have since in books we get all the details we never get else where.

    Books also improve our vocabulary and power of speech.

    http://games-gameworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people , I am Anita Frank, currently living in New jersey city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2015 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Wilson Edwards the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advice you to contact Mr. Edwards if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com) No credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. Wilson Edwards today for your loan
    They offer all kind of categories of loan they
    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan(10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan .......
    Student loan..........,Business start up loan
    Business loan....... , Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........(wilsonedwardsloancompany@gmail.com )
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then Wilson Edwards loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Anita Frank direct you Good Luck.......................


    ReplyDelete
  6. Want to know about Veterans Day,which is a day to celebrate the great officers of the US army,just checkout my blog Veterans Day Poems and stay updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GET A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE

    Hello everyone my name is Doreen Williams i posted a request about how I need a loan someone advised me to contact Mr. John Emmanuel Finance, I was scared at first but decided to give them a chance to my greatest surprise my loan was approved and granted without any form of credit check, unsecured, without cosigner with just 2% interest so advise everyone out there who is in need of a loan to contact them via email. johnemmanuelloanfirm@gmail.com

    1. NAME OF APPLICANT.............................
    2. RESIDENTIAL COUNTRY .....................
    3. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS:........................
    4. BUSINESS ADDRESS:...........................
    5. AGE:........................................
    6. OCCUPATION:.....................
    7. AMOUNT OF LOAN REQUIRED ..................
    8.Loan Duration .......................
    9. PURPOSE OF THE LOAN:.........................
    10. Phone NUMBER:.......................
    11.LOAN DURATION........................

    Contact company Via Email: johnemmanuelloanfirm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is powell williams

    I am a business loan lenders give loans to people who
    they need the confidence that you can repay the loan and give credit to the
    Loans rental,
    car loans,
    business loans,
    Mortgage,
    Educational loans
    construction loans,
    commercial mortgage,

    Please e-mail: powellwilliamsloanhelp@gmail.com

    I do not know if you need a loan, if you are interested
    Loans can come back to me now Okay

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top