I LOVE being able to sum up my week with Kacey's awesome linky party. It has been one heck of a few days! As soon as I post this entry, it is to the couch for this momma/teacher/wife!
1. We are so brave in First Grade! Can you believe that by this time in the year, we can do two-digit addition?!?! I am continuously blown away but what these kids can do. I have spent a couple of days addressing the concept without any pencil/paper. I don't want my kids getting caught up on filling in blanks- all our focus is on the BIG IDEA! We stuck with manipulatives and ipads for now!
Oh yeah- we also used pretzels and goldfish to mix it up a little!
This little guy is rocking two-digit addition!
2. Today our first grade classes celebrated Seuss- as if you couldn't have guessed it based on the Mile-High-Cindy-Lou-Who hair :)
I made some yummy Green Eggs and Ham snacks along with some other goodies!
We also got a little messy and did some Lorax-themed writing and creating. I will share the writing paper and more about this project in a later post! As a school we are stepping up our Arts integration, and my heart couldn't be happier. I became a teacher not only to help children but because I thrive on creativity, and I know my kids do too!
3. On Wednesday of this week, we enjoyed our first BIG snow day of the year! Gosh that is good for the soul! Now we are SO ready for Spring and sunshine, we can't stand it!
4. We have a TON going on in the King household....
This one turned 4 years old....
and this one lost his first tooth...
....on the SAME day. That is what you call a double whammy, and a severe punch in the gut to Mommy.
5. Tonight will consist of bad tv and cutting centers for for the rest of March!
I was printing...
EEEEK...when this happened.
...now I have to explain why I need more ink :)
If you stayed with me this whole time, I want to reward you with a freebie! Here is my plural noun center that focuses adding -s or -es. Click on the picture to grab it from google docs.
Happy Friday friends! I am so lucky to be meeting up with some of my favorite people that I have met through blogland so keep an eye on FB for updates!