Meet Tiger Godzilla King - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Meet Tiger Godzilla King

Meet Tiger!

Tiger Godzilla King to be exact.  What a strong name, right?  Of course my kids picked that name! Ha!    So I have been hearing about the Pets in the Classroom grant for awhile now and I finally took the leap this year! The first week of school I had my kids reading and researching the different kinds of pets we could get.  Then I let them vote.  With an extremely heavy vote in favor of a guinea pig, we had our pick! 



I have to admit that when I walked into Pet Smart, I was absolutely stunned by how BIG the guinea pigs were.  As someone who only had does growing up, I have very little experience with caged animals.  I fought my nerves as found this precious guy!  I actually hesitated on this particular piggy, who I now adore, because he has red eyes.  I thought it would freak my kids out, but it didn't! Not in the least! They actually said it made our guinea pig extra special!

The Pet Smart employee who helped me with my selection gave me tons of useful advice.  She told me to leave Tiger at home for a few days to let him adjust. This worked really well for us.

I have a WONDERFUL setup in my classroom that includes a big cabinet that stretches my whole room so having Tiger at eye level is super easy!



The kids are SO.IN.LOVE with Tiger.  I have one precious little girl that brings a tupperware full of Kale every morning.  Tiger loves Kale-- like tries to climb through the cage when he sees her.
 This past weekend I went back to Pet Smart and purchased this play yard for Tiger.  We have specials at the end of the day so while the kids are out of the room, I can get this set up.  This setup serves us all well.  Tiger can run around.  The kids get some Tiger time.  Mrs. King can clean out his cage right after school :) Lucky me!


Before I go, I wanted to make sure you know about Volunteer Spot


This website is UNREAL.  I was able to set up home visits for Tiger though Christmas without ANY hassle.  I sent a link to my parents through a group email and that was it! So easy!  I will also use the site to add wish list items for Tiger like hay, food, and bedding, but don't worry all the essentials like Halloween costumes for the guinea pig have been purchased :). 






your photo name

7 comments

  1. How exciting for you and your class! I had three guinea pigs while growing up and they were the best pets! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets in the classroom is such an amazing idea! Kids love pets so that will make time in the classroom extra exciting! Aside from that, they will learn responsibility at an early age. Thanks for featuring this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! We have two females in our class - Daisy and Lilly. Guinea pigs are so much fun and so easy! I'm on year number three and still haven't regretted my decision. Enjoy!
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Doorstep loans are afar in attributes and crave no angel to get finances. This agency humans who do not Door to door loans abetment like home or acreage can calmly get affairs by availing this banking scheme. The Doorstep loans would get affairs which are draft Goorstep cash loans as there is no asset check. The bulk of absorption is hardly top in case of this banking facility. The Doorstep loans for top absorption bulk is that lender lends out money afterwards allurement for any acceding which keeps him in a draft Door to door loans. Thus, to defended his position he accuse for top absorption bulk of the accommodation amount.

    For more info and apply online, visit this site:
    http://www.doorsteploans1hour.co.uk
    http://www.doorsteploans500pound.co.uk
    http://www.loandoorstep.org.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute Katie!!! I know they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name your kids picked just cracked me up. I never had the urge to name my pets as such, but now, I'm thinking of doing that to whomever will be the next member of my pet family. Hahaha! Anyway, Tiger Godzilla King looks absolutely adorable. It's good that the kids received him extremely well. Here's to hoping that he brings the class much happiness and joy in the days to come! Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures!

    Sherri Briggs @ The Pet Glider

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top