Back to School Pics and Last of the Christmas in July Sale - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Back to School Pics and Last of the Christmas in July Sale

You know it is Back to School time (at least in the South it is...)  WHEN-

You buy massive amounts of school supplies just because of the price and the fact that you MIGHT need them.


 Or you get SUPER excited because you find a new way to organize your construction paper....

and last but not least- you head back for MORE storage.  I found these tubs for 5 for 4.50 at Walmart.  

Here is an update on my group storage! I had lots of people what I am putting in these drawers SO here is your answer!


I put this picture on Instagram and I received TONS of questions so here are your answers.  1. This is my Word Wall.  We are blessed with tremendous storage but zero wall space and one bulletin board.   2.  I do NOT put up all my words to start.  These words currently posted are the first grade dolch and fry words.  My reasoning is that I want my students to have a list of expected/no excuses for misspelling starting point.   3.  I will introduce 5 new words each week to be added to the wall.

4.  To make:  I put together two pieces of scrapbook paper and glued on my Word Wall Letters from my Black and White Decor Pack.  Then I laminated the pages.  I made these last year and they still look brand new!

 
And the last two pictures are for you teacher mommas.  Our sweet babies spend a lot of time with us while we set up our rooms.  Lots and lots of sweet memories stem from that time with them.  I feel incredibly blessed to have a job that not only do I get to spend 2 months every summer with them, but I also get lots of after school time, sightings in the hallways, and ALL their special school events.

For the last two days of the Christmas in July sale ALL of my Busy Teacher packets, including the bundles are 20% off.

Enjoy!



your photo name

11 comments

  1. I just got back from Walmart where I bought a ton of those 17cent notebooks. I will have to go back and check out those storage bins! For those of you that don't want to spend a ton of money but want to cover your boards with fabric, Walmart has twin size flat sheets for $4.50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to get headed to Walmart soon! I could definitely use some of those storage bins. Thanks for sharing!
    Kayla
    The Chalkboard Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can never have to many storage containers!!! ;)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I need to head to Walmart to get those shoebox bins. Those are great to have when organizing closets at school!

    Ms. King's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget to register your walmart receipts for 10% back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in your Mt. Pleasant WalMart today! Sadly JB wouldn't let me stock up on school supplies while in SC. Something about "our suitcase is already heavy enough!" Pish! He doesn't get it :)

    Slainte,
    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't let myself enter a Wal-Mart yet, but the cashier at Target knew I was a teacher just by looking at my haul--never a good sign! :) But it's so much cheaper to get them now.

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true about our own kids. Mine have been helping me this week too. Such a huge blessing to me!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your word wall. I think I'll do that on my wall of closet doors in my room. Thanks for the inspiration!
    A Rill Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean about it being a blessing to teach in the same school your own kids attend. Mine are 20 years old and 17 years old now, but from kindergarten to 8th grade they attend the school where I teach. I wouldn't have missed those years for anything. Don't blink because they grow up too quickly.

    A Rainbow of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you hot glue the scrapbook paper for your word wall onto your cabinets?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top