We call it the *Hangout Day*

....Saturday that is.

When my kids come in to see why mommy isn't running around like a mad woman and it is 7:00 am, they realize it is Hangout Day.

What that means for us?

*Daddy left for a job site a few hours away- boo

*My kids.... lots of snuggling in pj's on the couch!

*Mommy is finishing up this...


Sound like a unit you may need?  If your students are like mine, they could use a WHOLE lot more addition time, but your curriculum needs you to keep going. Hopefully these addition games/activities will be quick additions to your plans or math work stations that will help your students work on their number sense and addition automaticity.

Don't worry about me, I will take lots of snuggle breaks and I may make it out of my pj's, but there will be nothing rigorous (I am sure you all are hearing that word a lot right now) about my activity.

Happy Saturday friends!

8 comments:

  1. I for sure need this!!! We are starting addition in 2 weeks.

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! My kids are ok with addition but it needs to be a quicker process. I still have too many finger counters!!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging out too...but it's because I so dont feel good :-(
    I'm excited to see your math pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I could use it. We just started addition and they are doing ok but more games are always a plus;)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making it a hangout day too...no rigorous stuff for us either. ;) Love that cute picture..have a fabulous day! :)

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want hang out Saturday!! I hope you have a relaxing weekend Katie! :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Practice makes perfect (or so they say!). Enjoy your hang out day:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete