Summer is here! - Queen of the First Grade Jungle

Summer is here!

I have been without students since the 17th (Holy Cow- has it really been 2 weeks already?!?!), but since we had several days of PD- summer feels like it is just beginning!

As many of you know- my hubby is gone during the week, so we really pack our weekends full of family time! This past weekend was extra special with an added day, and we took FULL advantage of it!

We started out the day by going on a hike.  We have these fabulous trails about 20 minutes from our house.  The idea was to go on about an hour hike and then head home for lunch and naps.  Well Dora and Diego (as Nash and Emmie tagged themselves on our adventure) were being so good that we kept going and going.  We ended up getting lost for  hiking a total of 4 miles. 
 Nash, Emmie, and the walking stick that was abandoned after we realized how much slower it made us :)
 I promise I was there too-just happen to be taking ALL the pictures!
 By the waterfall that was not so waterfallish.
 Here is Sassy Britches teaching her daddy how to properly tip-toe as to not wake the bears!
 What a fabulous alternative to a day at the pool!
 After the proper amount of rest, we hit up the County Fair! OH my! My husband commented that it was even more interesting than a trip to Walmart (meaning what people deemed appropriate clothing to wear into   public).
We are still at the age that we stick pretty closely to the kiddie rides. Although- I was given a little taste for what we are in for over the years. Nash and Emmie wanted to go on EVERY ride no matter how tall or fast it went. 
 In fact, we accidently missed the sign that tells you how tall you have to be to get on the ride (more about that sign in a minute). Oops. Not my greatest parenting decision I have ever made.
Then Nash decided he was big enough to go on the swings by himself. WHO is this grown boy- WHAT happened to my baby?  
I literally felt sick watching him on this ride, but he LOVED every second of it!

 Best part of the day- watching Nash and Emmie have so much fun together! Sometimes it is so hard to see through the bickering to see how much they love and enjoy each other!
Oh my- in about 12 or 13 years- this is my worst nightmare- when they start driving!
Sibling love!

Do people really EAT this stuff??? I really wanted to buy some just to see what it is!
I couldn't help it! The teacher in me about choked when I saw this sign... REALLY?  Not one person in the process of making this sign (or the dozens of others JUST like this) noticed the incorrect usage of "to."

 And last but not least- look what crazy sweet Mommy won for her children! At least it holds of the requests for a dog for a little while :)

If you haven't already- join in on my giveaway in which you could win 11 units from some Rock Star Bloggers! 


your photo name

17 comments

  1. Fun times! Good luck with your fish winnings!

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sign. Incorrect use of "to" and "too" drives me bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, looks like you all had a great time!! That sign would've driven me nuts. I can't stand when someone spells the wrong form of a word. It's the OCD teacher in me! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to be off already! Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It looks like you had a great day :) I'm jealous that you're already on break!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun family weekend!! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Your kids are so cute!!! That sign is hilarious!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... Signs like that drive me nuts!

    Your kids are adorable! Love the last pic of them together :) You need that for your classroom to remember what a fun day you had!

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sweet sibling pic! You've got some framers here! And that sign-too funny!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. A certain Cosby episode comes to mind . . . Lamont Goldfish. Here's to a little better luck with your new pet :) I loved seeing a different side of you today. Thanks for sharing your family. We have been "trying" and it warms my heart to see kids in action.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a super fun day! Your kiddos are DOLLS!!!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kids are adorable! Ahh! I can't stand when people use the to/two/too incorrectly!!!! That sign is hilarious!

    P.S.-I am trying to post about your cute alphabet now. Having some trouble getting the picture to rotate!

    Megan
    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katie . . . I tried to email you, but gmail didn't like your address for some reason. So, I will just copy my note here.

    I replied to you on my blog, but I wanted to send you a note as well. I was absolutely shocked that you popped in for a visit yesterday. I was merely having one of those overwhelming "want to be a mommy" moments, while I was reading your post and I commented just because your photos moved me so much. As I wrote on my blog reply, you are one of those elite ladies that I look up to in the bloggy world. I would be honored if you linked up to me in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to get to know a newbie! Let me know if you need anything on my end - my email is below. I am so excited :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory
    kelleydolling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are adorable! I'm with you on the sign- that thing would drive me CRAZY. Glad you are enjoying your summer with family!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun day. I love the smiles your your kids' faces! My kids are older, but I remember those days!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you are off to a good start with your summer. Enjoy every minute of it because they go by fast. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I won't explain the positives of owning your own individual angling watercraft, 'cause that could be an alternate post totally. Unnecessary to state, it truly is absolutely astounding. Be that as it may, exactly how would you get that impressive pontoon and not go belly up in the meantime? Here is the thing that you have to get it. https://www.usacheckcashingstore.com/san-diego

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top