So I don't know if you all know this, but you guys in the blogging world are my favorite resource. We had a meeting today to discuss a new math program we are considering-- yes Math in Focus-- and my teaching partner (the lovely Mrs. Smith) requested I ask for your all's advice. Actually she said- "Katie- put it on your blog!" Our questions are as follows:
1. What Must Haves do we need? (Manipulatives, online resources, textbook, etc)
2. How does your day look with Singapore Math (How much time do I need to be successful?)?
3. What about the vocabulary-- I hear there is a ton of new terms for the kids to pick up- are they successful?
4. Do you do Math Work Stations with Singapore Math-do they fit together well?
5. Last BUT definitely not least, how do you like it?