My books are here!

You may not remember but a couple of months ago I was asked to write an article for an online book company - *Booksource*. They had seen my blog posts about my classroom library and thought I might be able to write an article for their monthly newsletter.  I was excited by the prospect of even being asked but then when they offered to send me some books, I was thrilled! Nothing gets me excited like the smell and feel of new books!! I labored over what to get-- more books for my leveled library or real literature for read-alouds for the gobs of kids that I have reading above grade level (yay!). Well if you look at the books below-- you will easily be able to see my decision!       


36 Leo Lionni, Patricia Polacco, and Ezra Jack Keats' books! I am officially in Heaven! Do you love these authors as much as I do?
 

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's so fun to open a package, especially when it's filled with books! Congrats!

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Patricia Polacco. She is a great Michigan author! Love new book too! Enjoy:>!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I love the smell of new books too. It's Book Fair week in our library this week and I love how it smells! :-)

    Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! What a fun opportunity. Nothing beats a fresh, new book. :)

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky! I love Ezra Jack Keats and Leo Lionni too!! I think I have only read like one Patricia Polacco book.... isn't that crazy? I think I should get on that train!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jill- They are fantastic! Thundercake is my favorite!!!

      Delete
  6. Katie,
    I love your choices! Lion Lionni has been my favorite children's author since I was in first grade - I even have the author page from a book I wrote that year where I talk about him! :) new books are so awesome!
    Sara
    www.readteachlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the same booksource that has the app to help you organize your classroom library? I got the app and then My mom got sick so that is as far as I got can't wait to get to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I don't have a fancy enough phone for that, but I am sure it is a great app!

      Delete