Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!



If you follow me on instagram ( queenof1stjungle) then you know that I am currently mentoring two first graders.  One of my sweeties requested that I visit and have lunch with him this Friday.  I thought it would be a good idea to bring them a little treat for Dr. Seuss' birthday!  I know that the parents in his class do the very best that they can, but aren't able to come to the classroom much or bring treats. I'm always looking for a reason to scratch my creative side :) 

I saw these Vanilla Vanilla Fingers and thought they would be perfect little Loraxes!  I just added edible eyes and yellow frosting mustaches.  Super easy and so cute!

I am also going to take this little basket of goodies for them. I don't know that there is a better gift to give than a picture book (and dollar spot Seuss stickers and pencils to round off the basket!).


Speaking of which did you see this at Target?  It is a fantastic little book with a pretty simple text that would be great for 1st and 2nd graders!  I picked up two because of course I need one for my personal library!


I also volunteered to make a snack for Emmie's class and she requested Horton Hears a Who.  I think this is my first time attempting cake pops too!


They turned out really well but goodness they are time consuming!  I made the cakes and shaped the balls yesterday, but the Pinterest link I used suggested leaving them in the fridge over night.  So I dipped them in the candy coating this morning.  I added the little pearl before the coating dried.  This is the perfect little snack for Horton!

I am going to leave you with this gorgeous sight!  How many of you drooled over this sight in Target?  I think I already have EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of them, but I still had to walk quickly past so four or five didn't jump in my cart!


I'll leave you all with my favorite Dr. Seuss quote! 


1 comment

Back to Top