Gang's all here!

I have a confession. I don't love allll Dr. Seuss books. BUT and that is a big but :) , I do love the effect he has on my students.  Children that fight me tooth and nail to resist reading, will beat each other up to get to pick up a copy of One Fish, Two Fish. 
 The librarian asked me today what my favorite Dr. Seuss book was, and I had to think about it for a minute... so here are my top 4...
#4- Green Eggs and Ham- My earliest childhood memory involving reading was of Sam-I-am.  It was the first "real" book that I remember reading. I love reading the book and then showing my kids the cute cartoon. 
#3- The Lorax- The message in the Lorax is incredibly powerful- period.  And yes, I am taking my students to see the movie in the theater. Yay!
#2- The Grinch- Who  doesn't love that furry, green guy.  My own children fell so hard in love with the grinch this year that we watched the cartoon version of the movie no less than 15 times this December. Is there anything cuter than Cindy Lou Who?!?
Drumroll please... my all time favorite Dr.Seuss book is Oh the Places You'll Go. This book sums up everything I want to say to my students. And Seuss is just so much more eloquent with his words than little ole me- so I can defer to him. And I will.

 "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”


Now it's your turn.  What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book??


11 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm. I feel the same way you do. But I like Horton Hears a Who. :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    My very favorite Dr. Seuss book is One Fish, Two Fish. I love it for the same reason you love Green Eggs and Ham. I can remember my dad reading One Fish, Two Fish to me so many times that I ended up memorizing parts of it. Then I remember the thrill when I could read it by myself. I felt such pride. I was attracted to the book because it was so silly and I loved the rhythm of it. Thanks for bringing back a great memory!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Those have got to be from KOHLS!!!! :-). I just love oh the places you will go!! One of my students' parents gave me the book to sign. She is planning to have all of his teachers sign it with. Message Nd give it to him at graduTuon. Super cute!!

    Http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many!! Lorax is one of my recent favorites. I also love the classics of Green Eggs and Ham and Oh the Places You'll Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to choose, but Green Eggs and Ham is one of my favorites- the I remember reading as a kid was Hop on Pop- it was the only kids book my grandparents had.


    ✿Tiffani Time 4 Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Dr. Seuss is not one of my favs but the kids adore his books. I do like the Lorax and our primary division is going to see it next Friday. Your books and stuffies look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is McElligot's Pool. I have a very battered copy that was my mom's when she was a child (from the 50's) and was read to me repeatedly when I was young, and now I read it to my children. The Lorax is a close runner up

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is Green Eggs and Ham. I am like you and remember learning to read it by myself as a child when I was very young. I still have my own copy when I was growing up that I keep at home. I want to be able to show it to my kids someday.

    ReplyDelete